And the kids are among the hardest hit
During normal times we keep a sharp focus on our mission of educating girls and women. Now, with help from YOU – our generous supporters – we are able to expand our reach and ease the pain these people are experiencing. How this possible?
It’s amazing how “education” in these rural communities is expanding to address local needs in a context much larger than just basic literacy. Education is serving as a powerful platform for directly meeting the most immediate needs of local people.
Turns out that the local, grassroots non-governmental organizations (NGOs) supporting education are uniquely equipped to provide a broad array of assistance to those they serve. We’ve worked with these folks for years. We know them well. We trust them. They provide excellent platforms for service delivery. What does their work actually look like?
Just imagine the possibilities where YOU can help:
- Supporting remote learning with lesson plans, workbooks, and better internet access
- Providing micro-loans so entrepreneurial villagers can start small businesses
- Giving villagers the necessary tools and training to grow their own food
- Insuring adequate sanitary and hygienic facilities are readily available
- Supporting school breakfast programs
- Funding mobile libraries